Monday, November 19, 2012

Adventures of the Little Dog


Introduction:
When Wade and I decided to merge our lives we both came with a four legged friend.  Harley quickly declared dominance over Roccie.  It has been clear ever since that Harley is the king of the castle.  My husband began referring to Harley as “The Little Dog”.  Every time the dogs would misbehave Wade would defend his four legged friend.  I frequently heard “the Little Dog did it.” “It was the Little Dogs fault.” You get the picture.  I don’t know how but it stuck and we frequently refer to Harley as the Little Dog. It’s a term of endearment on my behalf, I promise.

Harley is extremely camera shy.
This is my own stellar photo of my little man.
This weekend the Little Dog had his first overnight adventure with my mom and me.  For the past 7 years, I have been trying to get Harley to sit inside a bag so I could take him on errands with me. He has never once been very compliant.  This weekend, however, he had a change of heart, thankfully.  I happened to find the perfect bag for the Little Dog.  I walked around the entire day with my dog attached to my hip in a bag.  He loved it and was on his best behavior.  My mom and I even managed to sneak him in to the movie theaters. 
The little dog had a weekend full of a bunch of first time moments.  It was his first full length road trip, his first overnight in a hotel, his first movie, and his first shopping adventure.  He even road the elevator multiple times.  It wasn’t until the final trip down that he decided he wasn’t a fan of the large moving box.
Harley’s little adventure was a fun bonding moment for my mom and me. Sneaking him into the movie theaters made a great memory with my mom, something I will remember forever!
Hope you all had as adventurous of a weekend as Harley did!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend with mom. We refer to one of ours as the little dog too. But, she is really smaller than the Blue Heeler.

    ReplyDelete