Friday, March 22, 2013

Fashion Break

I am sharing this because I feel like it’s a very unfortunate aspect of being a woman.  It’s very real and something that I think a lot of us, meaning women, encounter throughout our lives.

A couple of weeks ago, the stress of managing school, work, and family was starting to really wear on me.  Every little thing that happened during my week was causing me to pretty much have a mental break down.  I’m sure that some of you can relate to what I was feeling.  I began questioning who I was and what I was capable of.  It’s unfair that my mind does this to me.  Nothing like kicking a woman when she’s down! Thankfully, A very dear friend shared with me her father’s motto.

Mind over matter: those that matter don’t mind and those that mind don’t matter. 
It stuck with me and I kept using it to get me through my slump.  After my friend’s pep talk, I was scrolling through Facebook and someone had posted these 5 lessons from Dr. Seuss. I thought it ironic that Dr. Seuss and my friend’s Dad had similar life lessons…




Like I said, I am sharing this because these little slumps are a very real reality of being a female. And I think that these 5 simple lessons we learned when we were children are important to keep in mind because there is no one alive that is more youier than you and you are pretty fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. Im suffering the same, severe PMS half way through my cycle, and every 4 weeks I seem to have a mini breakdown. Its not fun, and its not easy picking yourself up, putting on clothes, and heading to work. Living life as if you were in a Doctor Seuss would be a great idea! Keep going, you are doing great :)

    ReplyDelete