Monday, October 21, 2013

Punk Princess

This weekend was pretty emotionally intense.  It was packed full of life changing events.  I literally experienced a slew of emotions. I think it's called emotional overload. On Friday, I said goodbye to the work place I have called home for the past 3 years. While I'm ridiculously excited about about my new career path and the surprises God has in store fore me, it is never easy saying goodbye.  I had the privileged of working with some of the most amazing people and I hated parting ways. I wish them all luck and hope that many of the bonds I forged remain intact.

 Saturday morning, my family gathered together to complete Billy's Gift, Inc.'s third bedroom renovation.  We've been preparing for this day for months. Finally, all of our hard work paid off.  

I was blessed with the opportunity to meet our "gift recipient" about 2 months ago.  I can not adequately paraphrase the impact she had in my life but it was substantial.  I went home that night and began dreaming up designs for her room. I was up all  night tossing and turning thinking about ways to incorporate all of the things she dreamed up.  I know I experienced a divine intervention because when we left their home, my Mom and I were completely stumped.  And somehow the bedroom came out absolutely perfect and so did the day. I am ecstatic to share with you the final outcome.

Here's a couple of before shots...



Working our little tushes off to complete the renovation in 7 hours!


Here's a sneak peek of the completed room...


Our Gift Recipient requested girly punk.  I think this completely threw my Mom for a loop but it's pretty much my exact personality-complete girl with a little edge.  I wanted the room to have an elegant feel but still perfectly capture her spunky personality...



...A graffiti wall seemed like a must have for our Punk Princess...



Storage was important for Natalie.  Thanks to Ikea's unique storage solutions, we solved that problem. The stud benches at the end of the bed provided added storage also.


It's a family affair...



The little cutie with the "love" sweater on,  it was her birthday.  She spent the entire day helping us perfect Natalie's room.  How adorable is that?

The best part of the entire experience is the family's reaction.  It nearly brought me to tears.  I feel so blessed to have participated in this event for such an amazing family.  The joy that these individuals possessed was truly moving.  Just seeing their smiles was truly a moment to remember. 

If you are unfamiliar with what Billy's Gift, Inc. is about, please check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BillysGift or visit our website http://billysgift.org/

Happy Monday!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment