Friday, May 23, 2014

For the Love of Fashion


This week I randomly decided to volunteer my free time at a local fashion industry social, For the Love of Fashion.  I’m not sure where this new found sense of bravery came from but I am so glad I went.  It was such a fun event and extremely inspirational.  I got to meet a handful of really talented individuals that decided on their dreams and went for it.  I have to admit that I was the “new girl” that awkwardly volunteered to work the event.  But it was totally worth it. I guess it’s true that when you are passionate about something, like fashion you’re willing to do anything for the love of it.  I discovered a whole group of individuals who are located in Buffalo and are passionate about clothing.  Very expensive clothing.   

I had the privilege to meet people involved in many aspects of the fashion industry agents, photographers, security guards, models, shop owners, and the most fascinating a designer.  Guys!  I was so impressed with this designer. Her styles were beautifully stunning and so visually appealing.  I was shocked to learn that she was only 17 years old.  I was in awe of her.  Literally, in awe, I was almost star struck.  Probably envious too but I think that’s natural. She had so much potential, vision, and drive.  She was outstanding.  Make sure to keep a look out for a new designer on the rise, Jane by Chloe Schnell. Knowing that she is a local designer, I can’t wait to see her designs hit the big leagues. 

Here are a few snap shots of the evening.  I was volunteering so the photo ops were few but I managed to sneak a snap of a few of Chloe’s pieces and, of course, a few of yours truly. 

Chloe Schnell and silly me

Chloe's prom gown design with beautfiul jewels

Inspired by an Orchid in a beautiful radiant orchid color.


Because the wall and mirror were fabulous. And so was my outfit. (cough. cough.)
Happy Memorial Day Weekend, dolls! I hope it's a fabulous one!

2 comments:

  1. I love the mint green dress! Very pretty!

    -- Alex at Cashmere Kangaroo

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving that top on you!

    Maddy
    http://cassidylou.com

    ReplyDelete