Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Nomination for Worst Rapper

When LL Cool J announced that he was coming to Buffalo, I thought my girlfriend was going to keel over with excitement.  Being the supportive friend that I am (cough. cough.), I gladly agreed to attend the concert with her. I had no idea what I was signing up for but  I figured a night of old school rap music, dancing, and cocktails on the waterfront with my girls, what could go wrong? 

I didn’t grow up listening to LL Cool J but I can definitely appreciate a talented rapper.  Well I couldn’t have been more wrong.  This rapper is way past his expiration date.  It was almost embarrassing watching this man try to recreate his hits.  The music was horrible but I still enjoyed the time with my ladies and when the sun finally set the sights were absolutely breathtaking (and no! I’m not referring to LL’s muscular physic)…


Unfortunately, for my husband Saturday was his 25th birthday. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t enthusiastic about attending an LL Cool J concert on his birthday but he was a good sport. Being the amazing wife that I am, I naturally I wanted something fabulous to celebrate the occasion.  I happened to find the perfect piece while shopping during my lunch break.  



This adorable Peplum top is from JCP. You know, you can't believe it!.  Instantly!! a picture of Kim Kardashian flashed in front of me (inspiration!).  This top was ideal to mirror Kim Kardashian’s new sophisticated elegance for my hubby’s birthday.  Of course, my combination is slightly different but  I like how it adds my own touch rather than an exact replica of her style.

I am a huge fan of the Peplum trend this season, when I found this shirt I fell madly in love with the edge that the leather like material and zipper added to an extremely feminine look. I was ridiculously excited about the zipper on the back! What do you think about the Peplum style all the stars are wearing lately?

About my outfit:
Top-JCP, recently $22.00
Skirt-JCP, recently $10.00
Shoes-Payless, recently $24.99
Bracelet-Forever 21
Rings-Target, recently $3.98
Bag-Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment