Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'm a Minimalist...

If you’re a daily follower of Country Living in Heels, you know that this statement is completely incorrect.  Heck! If you have ever stepped into my closet you know that statement is completely inaccurate in its most literal term.  I would never be able to survive as a minimalist.
I am, however, a minimalist when it comes to accessorizing. I stand in direct opposition of Khloe Kardasdian’s statement “My rule when it comes to accessorizing is that there are no rules, so don’t be afraid to experiment!”  I am a firm believer that less is more. Properly accessorizing can be a difficult task.  Too many bold accessories can cause confusion. An elegant statement piece can easily be loss in the chaos of accessories. After all, a statement item should do just that- make a statement!
I know that we all own many pieces that we simply can’t wait to show off but it doesn’t mean we should present them all at once.  Adding to many flashy pieces can quickly create a fashion disaster. Wearing less allows beautiful pieces to truly stand out. And there’s nothing better than a well placed accessory. It’s like the icing on the cake!


There is a rare exception to my “rule”, there are occasions when over accessorizing can be very chic.  I have seen so many creations on celebrities incorporating tons of beautiful accessories. It can be done and when it is done correctly it’s undoubtedly visually stunning.  After all, jewelry is wearable art!
With today’s look, I opted for the exception to my rule.  I paired two statement pieces together. The cuff and large necklace are both demanding of your attention. I justified the pairing by balancing the pieces with a basic color combination.

What's your rule when it comes to accessorizing? Please share!

About my look:
Pants-Target, $29.99
Shirt- Old Navy, $15.00
Necklace- Express, $25.00
Bracelet- Forever 21, $3.80
Vest-Forever 21, $38.80
Handbag- Michael Kors, gift

No comments:

Post a Comment