Friday, January 25, 2013

If it's wrong, I don't want to be right.

My girlfriend and I were discussing outfit options the other day. I had suggested mixing some vibrant colors together, and her response surprised me.  She mentioned that she wasn’t a fan of vibrant colors in the winter.  Her feelings were that bright colors were for summer only-winter was for dark colors. This statement was like a wakeup call. It’s no secret that I have shared in her mentality.  Last year, I couldn’t pull myself away from black but this year this thought has never even crossed my mind. Not once! After analyzing my feelings about this ideology, I realized that my winter has been unusually bright and cheerful.  So if mixing vibrant colors in the winter is wrong, I don’t want to be right!

Up until I came up with this combination this sweater felt boring! The purple pants gave it an extra pinch of excitement!


Why not add another splash of color?

Arm candy pulls the whole color chaos together!
To my adorable friend that participated in the referenced conversation, please don’t take offense to this.  It was a great realization and I’m determined to brighten your winter! Love ya!

About my look:
Sweater-Target, $17
Pants-Loft, can’t remember the exact price but they were on the clearance rack and then I scored and additional 40% .
Shoes-Target, $29.99
Belt-Old Navy, $14

No comments:

Post a Comment