Friday, January 4, 2013

My favorite love story


You know that feeling when you hear about an incredible love story, when you are choked up by tears and sheer delight? Well that is the feeling I woke up with today, pure excitement for the lasting union of two of the most important people in my life.  Today my mother and father are celebrating their 38th wedding anniversary!  I can’t help but be overwhelmed with joy and pride, rejoicing in their success as a married couple.  I am so grateful to be a witness and part of such an amazing love story. 




It is because of their example and their devotion to one another that I am the woman I am today.  I have been blessed with an outstanding example of true love.   Their friendship is something I strive to achieve in my own marriage. The only words that I can think to say other than how proud I am of their story is THANK YOU!  Thank you for staying true to your vows to love one another unconditionally. Thank you for instilling in me the importance of remaining true to a promise made before God.  For showing me, the delicacy of marriage and a union with the one you love.

I know that sometimes as a parent, you may become discourage.  Thinking or feeling that your hard work is unappreciated or overlooked.  It’s important for you both to know that the love you have shown towards each other was one of the most important gifts you could have ever given me.  It’s because of you and your devotion to one another that I know without a doubt that all you need is love!




Thank you for sharing your beautiful love story with me!  Congratulations Mom and Dad! I love you both! 

No comments:

Post a Comment