Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter's on it's way...

As a child, one of my favorite parts of Easter was wearing my new Easter outfit.  My mom really knew how to dress a girl for Easter.  I always had it all, the bonnet, the white shoes, matching ruffle socks, and of course an adorable dress. I still look forward to dressing up for Easter Sunday. There’s something beautiful about dressing to celebrate the resurrection of our King.  It’s definitely a day deserving of our best pieces.



My Easter Sunday plans do not warrant an “Easter outfit” so Palm Sunday I decided to dress for spring.  Since it’s still cold in Buffalo, coats are still a dreaded necessity but this adorable coral peacoat took my monochromatic assemble from “winter wonderland” to “spring fling” by adding the perfect punch of color.

This brocade peplum was probably the smartest closet investment I made last season. I suppose that I unconsciously predicted brocade to be a pattern of the spring season. The antique elegance of this top made this outfit perfect for attending a Sunday morning church service with my mom and it easily adapted to a luncheon with a few of my adorable dolls after. Gotta love a perfect piece!


Coat-Target originally $59.99 on sale for $17.49

Scarf-JCP $10
Jeans-AE $30
Peplum Shirt-Forever 21 $29.50

Shoes-Justfab.com $39.99
Handbag-Jessica Simpson, gift

No comments:

Post a Comment