Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Blown Away


Last week, I totally lived it up like I was 21 again.  This statement actually means that I managed to stay out past 10:00PM on a Tuesday night! Obviously, week night adventures are a rare occurrence for this girl. I can’t help it, I really value being curled up in bed with my favorite little snuggle monster (AKA my dog) by 9:00PM every night.

My “spring break” started with the highly anticipated Carrie Underwood Blown Away concert.  Even though I lost about 3 hours of highly valued beauty sleep and walked around like a zombie the following day, Carrie Underwood was completely worth it. She was amazing, probably the best concert I have ever been to.

As soon as it was announced that Carrie Underwood would be visiting Buffalo, I started planning my outfit.  As with any other fashion obsessed country music lover, the first thing that comes to mind when your favorite country music singer comes to town is your outfit… tickets to the actual performance can wait! Am I right?

I really admire Carrie Underwood’s style so I knew that I wanted something fantastic and completely “Carrie Underwood like” to wear.  After I scored this tulle skirt from JCP for $10.00 the rest of the outfit kind of fell into place because where else would a girl be able to wear a tulle skirt? It added the perfect girly touch to my otherwise country attire and it set me out from the crowd of “wanna be country girls”.

I’m not usually one to make fun of someone’s style because fashion is expression! And I truly believe that but one of my all time favorite things about a country concert is observing the city girl’s take on a country girl’s style.  It’s always cut off blue jeans and a flannel tied around the waste and you absolutely cannot forget the cowboy boots because country girls do not appreciate the finer things in life, like a fabulous pair of heels.  In my opinion, Carrie Underwood is the poster child for us country girls, showing that we too have great style...and great shoes!

Leather Jacket- Rainbow $20
Denim Shirt-Target $19.99

Shoes-Justfab.com $39.99
Clutch-DSW $19.99




-Enjoying dinner before the concert-

-A few of my fantastic friends-


It was an incredible concert to attend, when she performs you can literally hear the passion in her voice, it’s moving.  She demonstrates her small town values while on stage and I think it’s truly admirable that she hasn’t lost touch with her routes. I have a whole new respect for her and her music.  Have I made it clear that we had a great time?


Thanks to my fantastic friend, the four of us were 3rd row from the stage.  We had amazing seats and a great view of her fabulous style. I literally wanted everything she stepped on stage with. She has some serious shoes!   A few snap shots of her outfit changes...



No comments:

Post a Comment