Tuesday, August 21, 2012

An important lesson about accessorizing...


I really liked the playful feel of this J. Crew look.  I am in love with polka dots, I have been my whole life. The flower girls in my wedding wore polka dot dresses so you can imagine how ecstatic I am about the polka dot trend this season. 
If I was to purchase this entire outfit from J.Crew the cost imposed on me would be $216.00 plus the cost of shoes and the handbag. I decided to combine pieces I already owned to mimic the look…
I didn’t have the right color blue accessory to add to my replica so I decided to pull in a color from the second look with a purple cardigan.  I have to say that when I saw the photo of myself I was not excited about the purple sweater.  I think that a blue sweater would have made more of a statement.  Also, in retrospect I would definitely add a fun colored handbag to the mix.  If nothing else, this outfit proves that accessories play an important part of an outfit, they complete the look. 

My version is in desperate need of some fun accessories. A bright blue accessory would brighten my top making it look more teal and less white. However, putting the purple sweater on does make the look more fun, I still think a brighter piece is needed. Looks like I have a new item to add to my shopping wish list...

No comments:

Post a Comment