Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pointless Purchasing

Have you ever purchased something for it to only hang in your closet for months on end?  Having no idea what to wear it with or where to wear it? I do it frequently, I think it's called impulse buying. I love something while in the store  then get it home and draw a blank on what to do with it.
I purchased this teal sequin tank top from Kohl’s Rock & Republic line in May. I am thinking that I was caught up in the fact that it was a Rock & Republic item for an extremely affordable price. I had intentions of wearing it on my cruise but it didn’t make the cut.

Throughout the summer I have thought about wearing it to random events but couldn't come up with an outfit that I was eager to wear. Jeans seemed boring compared to the fun color combinations that are happening this season.  Then it happened, I had a surge of creativity hit me.  I finally had items to make a fun outfit with this tank. This is what I came up with, what do you think?


I really like the colors together.  The flirty color combination made a perfect outfit for drinks with a few of my lady friends. I am a huge fan of the high color contrast.  The entire outfit was comfortable but I still felt well dressed for the occasion.
The inspiration for this outfit came from a home decorating magazine.  I am a huge fan of teal and red as a color scheme for the home, I think it screams country chic with a modern twist.  If they complement each other in the house, why wouldn’t they as an outfit?

About my outfit: As I mentioned, the tank top was purchased from Kohl's for $24.99 (prior to sale price now for $8.99), the red pants were purchased from Wal-Mart for $15.00 (this was one of the trends I would not pay a lot of money for, I just was not sure how much use I would get out of red pants). But like I said, you would never know these were from Wally World, would you? My accessories were purchased on random shopping trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment