Thursday, August 23, 2012

Only his love

Today is my 4 year wedding anniversary, I can’t believe it.  My husband and I dated throughout high-school and were married at a young age. It has been a tremendous journey growing up together.  I’m not saying it has been all “hearts and flowers” as Ana would like it to be but it has been amazing.  We have definitely had our ups and our downs. I am proud to say that we have made it through every single one and our marriage is stronger for it.
Four years ago if you were to ask me what I loved about Wade I’m not sure that I could have given you a detailed list. Not because I didn’t love him but because I was so young. My definition of love at age 21 wasn’t exactly what it is today.  I think the answer would have included something along the lines of our love is lazy love. I mean this in the most sincere way. I knew that I was comfortable with Wade, I could be myself and he loved it.  There was no stress of how I looked or behaved.  I remember the first time I farted, oh I mean fluffed, in front of him (come on, we all do it)
Growing up together has created such a strong love for him.  Ask me that same question today and I have a long list of things that I love about my man.  In honor of 4 year wedding anniversary, I am going to share a few of them with you…
1.       His hands-I have always had this standard that I could never date a man that had softer hands than mine, it just seems wrong. Wade’s hands are rough and stained but every time I grab a hold of them I am reminded of how hard he works to provide me with the life I have. As a child I remember thinking how rough my father’s hands were. I know and greatly appreciate how hard my father worked to give me the fantastic childhood I had.  I take great pride in knowing that I married a man like my father, willing to work extremely long hard days to provide for me.
2.       He lets me buy shoes-This is so much more than a materialistic thing.  This man understands what brings a smile to my face and will do anything to keep it there.
3.       He’s forgetful-His forgetful moments remind me that he needs me; you know its true love when a flaw becomes a quality you love. There’s no doubt that his forgetfulness drives me absolutely bonkers but I’m reminded why God placed us together.
4.       His heart-Wade has the biggest heart of anyone I know. It is totally noticeable when it comes to animals or children. He cares so much for his family and friends that he will literally give you the shirt off his back.
5.       He’s a simple man-I remember getting upset when we were younger because I would put so much effort into getting dressed up for our dates and he would never say a thing to me about looking nice.  His compliments always come when I am straight bummin’ it.  I never understood it and frankly didn’t appreciate it. I have grown to realize that my man loves me for me.  He thinks the raw me is beautiful. The make-up, shoes, and clothes are not what he notices.  I can literally be wearing my hair in a bun on the top of my head, his old t-shirt, and no makeup and he will tell me I am sexy or beautiful.  My man sees more than skin deep and I love that about him.
6.       He puts me in my place-I will admit that I can be crazy at times.  I have moments when my thinking gets totally screwed up.  When this happens to me I tend to think the worse of every situation and it can really break me.  Wade is not afraid to tell me when I am being crazy or overreacting to a situation. He straightens me out and reminds me of reality or the truth.  I know I can count on him to keep me leveled and I really appreciate that.  His ability to do this is a support that I could not but a price tag on, it’s invaluable to me.
We both have been blessed to find true love at a young age.  I contribute our successful marriage to God and the amazing examples we both have had as a foundation of a strong marriage.  Both of our parents were married at a young age, have endured immeasurable amounts of hardships and still are still living happily ever after.  I know that the example of our parents have helped us push through our own hardships and I am eternally thankful for that.  There are so many more reasons why I love my amazing husband but I’m not one to brag. I am confident that as our love story progress there will be plenty more…
 Happy 4 years, babe!
Because photos tell their own story, I thought I would include photos of us for each anniversary we have celebrated.  It's neat to see how much we have changed.


Our 1st anniversary



2nd Anniversary!

3rd Anniversary!

Special note- we spent our 3 year wedding anniversary backpacking the Adirondack High Peaks.  The previous years I choose where we would be celebrating our union. Last year, I let him pick.  We had so much fun, it was one of my favorite memories but I couldn't shower or bring everyday necessities. The 3 year anniversary photo definitely reflects that but this is the way he loves me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment