Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lady better.


Last weekend my good friends, Lauren and Daniel, tied the knot! It was a beautiful day and I am so blessed to be a part of this amazing couple's life.
Since there are few occasions in my life that require a fantastic cocktail dress I was beyond excited to start shopping.  While on a random shopping trip with my mom I found the perfect dress for the very special occasion...

 the beautiful Bride and me
-My hair is seriously struggling in this photo. Buffalo experienced record breaking temperatures last saturday, my hair was not liking it! But let's be honest, it's not like I had a chance standing next to Barbie Bride!

I’m infatuated with the timeless appeal of this dress and the price tag! I found this beauty at the Dress Barn for the whopping price of $49.99. Seriously, can you believe it? I was fearful that the dress could look a little mature for my age so I made sure to glam it up with sparkly, very high stilettos. There is no denying that gold accessories were a necessity, I  kept it simple with classic earrings and bangles.


The pattern, material, and length of this dress made me feel extremely lady like. Despite the record breaking temperatures, I did not mind strutting around in this number all day long. There was a break between the wedding and the reception and since my husband was in the wedding I was dateless. My best friend, Julie, and her boyfriend were kind enough to allow me to tag around with them. I probably looked silly visiting places like Applebees and Wal-mart in my lady dress but I enjoyed wearing it.


Congrats and best wishes to Daniel and Lauren! I look forward to seeing what God has in store for the two of you! I have witnessed the joy that you bring each other, it's beautiful! Always continue to shower each other in love, understanding, and laughter! Much love to the both of you!


P.S. I went out last night with hubby and I had an extremely difficult time composing this post. Please excuse the lack of humor! Note to self-prepare weekend blogs ahead of time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment