Friday, August 10, 2012

Mad Men and Cute Chicks



My co-worker turned me onto the television series Mad Men.  I instantly feel head over heels.  When I dressed myself today I thought "Hello, Betty Draper." Today is jeans day at my office and while I take full advantage of wearing jeans whenever possible.  I also use the companys laid back fridays to wear outfits I don't normally get to wear. 

I have been admiring the colored pants for summer but couldn't pull together the perfect outfit or the perfect pair of colored pants for my body. If any of you have tried on a pair of colored jeans, you know it's a hard look to pull off.  So when I found these stretchy jean like pants they had my name written all over them. 

I purchased the leopard top from The Loft recently and  I had the yellow necklace.  I think all together it's very 60's housewife.  I could totally see Betty wearing this. What do you think? Is this something Betty Draper would rock in her time?


Now, I bet you're wondering where the Cute Chicks fits in, right? No.  I am not refering to myself! I thought I would include some of my fabulous country life in today's post.  Last night I stopped at my parents house to help my mom with some preparations for the next Billy's Gift event.  My adorable father was so excited about his new chicks.  If you know my Dad, he is very manly and it's rare that you see him express any excitement. But when he does it melts my heart.  I savor the moments.  When I was introduced to his new chicks I instantly fell in love.  Look how adorable they are!


P.S. A special thank you to my awesome manager for snapping today's pic! I love that she is so supportive of my new blog! I seriously couldn't ask for a better manager. She pretty much rocks! I have to mention that I have been deeply in love with sleep lately and have found it to be a horrible task to get out of bed in the morning. I have literally been hitting the snooze button until the very last possible second. As a result, my hair and make up routine have been sacrificied.

No comments:

Post a Comment