Thursday, October 18, 2012

Another spurge vs. steal moment

I have noticed that my style choices have taken a rugged turn.  I find myself attracted to more  masculine pieces. It's kind of shocking for me!

When I spotted these booties in the J.Crew catalog, I had a burning desire to purchase them. They're such an attractive spin on the “work boot”. Considering that my style is usually consistently feminine and sparkly, I decided against jumping into the purchase. With a price tag of $198.00, they weren’t a must have item.
When I managed to find a similar bootie at Target for $30.00, I was so excited but managed to passed them up a few times.  Like I said, my style is usually so girly that my desire for these shoes threw me for a loop. 

Needless to say, I finally broke down and bought the boots and I am so glad I did. They are super comfortable.  I have to admit that even though I admire a more masculine look , accomplishing it is another story. It has proven to be a difficult task for me.   This was my first attempt and while I loved the outfit, I am not sure it’s the best look for the booties.

I do, however love the booties with my leather jacket and scarf. If I was strolling around the city or running errands this is totally an outfit I would repeat minus the blazer.


About my look:

Blazer-Rainbow, a really long time ago
Blazer- Target, recently, $19.99
White Tank-Old Navy, a few months ago, $10.00 (now on sale)
Necklace- Boutique in FL, couple of years ago, $50.00
Jeans-Target, recently, on sale for $18.00
Boots-Target, recently, $30.00
Scarf-JCP $10.00


No comments:

Post a Comment