Monday, October 29, 2012

Birthday Blessings

Last Wednesday was my 26th birthday, I was so tremendously bless with a weeklong celebration that it seem ungrateful to not blog about it.  My life has been blessed with so many outstanding individuals because of their generosity and love I literally enjoyed a week long birthday.
The celebrations began last Saturday with a collection of a few of my favorite dolls. We all gathered at a restaurant/bar for dinner and drinks.  It was a fantastic time and I was so glad to spend the evening enjoying their company.  Even though we waited hours to be seated, it was a fabulous time.  We ate, drank, and enjoyed many laughs together.  It was the perfect start to my birthday week. ;) Thank you to everyone that attended my birthday dinner!!
Wednesday, was my actually birthday.  I spent the day surrounded by my work family and my fantastic co-workers took me out to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. Later in the evening, Wade and I decided to spend the night with his family visiting his Aunt and Uncle from Colorado. It was a perfect way to spend my birthday night. Wade’s little cousin’s decorated an ice cream cake for me and I must say, they are pretty talented cake decorators! On Thursday night, Wade’s parents took us out to celebrate over a delicious dinner. It was a fantastic! I enjoyed every delicious bite and the great company! We all left feeling outrageously full! I have always felt very fortunate for the family I married into but I felt especially fortunate last week! –xoxo
One of the best things about my birthday is that I share my special month with my niece, Elizabeth.  Elizabeth was born a few days before my birthday.  I must admit that at first I was uneasy about sharing my birth month with another family member but it has been wonderful.  Sharing our birthday has become one of my favorite parts about my birthday. It has created a special bond between the two of us that only I am privileged to have with her. I usually make an effort to plan something special for her and I to do but with this year’s crazy schedule it just wasn’t feasible. Instead we enjoyed a fabulous dinner together yesterday evening.  My oldest niece prepared a fantastic dinner for the two of us! We had a wonderful meal together and some mustache silliness!

My favorite part of this year’s birthday shenanigans was my birthday surprise.  Wade was out of town for almost 2 months.  I was kind of disappointed that I would spend another birthday apart from him.  Last Sunday, I received the best birthday surprise anyone could ask for, he came home!!! Wade and I have been together since we were 16 and have barely separated since.  This was the longest stretch of time we have ever experienced apart, it was really difficult but his surprise arrival made it a very memorable birthday!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment