Thursday, October 25, 2012

Window shopping

Sometimes inspiration is right in front of us.  I was strolling through the mall one day when I passed a Gap window display that caught my eye. While most shoppers would be persuaded to walk into the Gap and purchase the outfit, I was not. I did a mental scan of my closet and knew I had all the items to recreate the outfit.  Unfortunately, I was not brave enough at the time to snap a picture of the display.
I have been planning on wearing this outfit for several months and causal Friday was the perfect time. My favorite part about this look is it makes my bright red pants look sophisticated.  I had some random errands to run after work and was complimented so many times on my outfit. It had to be that I pulled off a very expensive Gap look for a fraction of the cost. 

I did some research to compare how much the look would have cost me if I would have been pulled into  the Gap with their effective window display…
Cost at the Gap:
Boyfriend Pocket Shirt- $59.95
Classic Blazer-$98.00
1969 Legging Cords-$59.95
Belt- $39.95
Total: $257.85

My Look:
Boyfriend pocket shirt-$29.99, Old Navy
Classic Blazer-$24.99, Target
Pants-$15.00, Wal-mart
Belt-$24.50, Banana Republic
Total:$94.48
That’s not the only amazing savings I accomplished…
I have been admiring these fringe Jeffrey Campbell booties for months.  Unfortunately for me, they have a price tag of $225.00. OUCH!!! Shoedazzle even has a knockoff for $39.95 but I managed to beat even their price tag.  I found these booties at Kohls on sale for $37.99.  I had $30.00 of Kohls cash which resulted in me taking home these booties  for less than $8.00 including tax!!! Score!



No comments:

Post a Comment