Monday, December 3, 2012

Copycat

I hope I haven’t worn you out with incorporating my fur vest in a lot of my outfits because I am completely infatuated with it.  I’m just getting started with all of the possibilities this vest creates.
With today’s look, I have to give credit where credit is due. I completely ripped this idea off of a fellow blogger.  I am sad to admit but this wasn’t a Country Living in Heels original but I grabbed the idea from a professional blogger (she's fabulous, I encourage all my fashion forward followers to check her blog out, Pink Peonies) so I feel like it’s not completely shameful.  Her outfit was also way more expensive than mine because it was complete J.Crew from head to toe.  When I spotted her outfit, I knew I had similar items to recreate it at a very affordable cost.


I researched the approximate cost of her outfit.  Purchasing a  similar outfit from J.Crew would cost $148.00 for a similar pencil skirt, $150.00 for a similar striped shirt, $98.00 on sale now for $79.99 for a fur vest (not really a bad price for this item) resulting in a total cost of $377.99!


This has quickly become one of my favorite necklaces!

About my look:
Vest-Banana Republic $125.00 with 40% off, $75.00
Shirt- Loft, $29.00
Skirt-JCP, $20.00
Necklace- J.Crew Factory Outlet, $25.90
Shoes- Burlington Coat Factory, $12.99
My total: $162.94



No comments:

Post a Comment