Friday, May 17, 2013

It's always been about the shoes...




For me, it’s always been about the shoes.  I am a shoe lover to the core.  If you were to ask my mom and I what the theme of the summer leading up to my wedding day was we’d both respond with “it’s all about the shoes.”

The day of my shower I wore a simple, classic, white dress but my shoes were A-dorable.  At my bachelorette, the obnoxious pink parts of a man’s anatomy that are normally a staple at all bachelorette parties were replaced with shoes.  Guests were requested to put on their favorite pair of heels for a night out on the town, we all danced the night away in fabulous footwear.  Even my Grandma had on fantastic dancing shoes!  On the big day, I wore pink satin shoes with an elegant bow on the back of the ankle. Yes.  That summer was all about the shoes! And of course, the unconditional love shared between Wade and I.

Almost 5 years later, I’m sticking to “It’s all about the shoes.” I frequently pair mute colors with a vibrant, outrageous pair of shoes to make a statement.  What can I say? It’s the easy way to grab someone’s attention. 






No comments:

Post a Comment