Monday, June 10, 2013

Love and a Bridal Shower

Talking Bridal Showers:

Last Sunday, I attended the bridal shower of a really good fried.  It was an exciting day for me because I played an important role in the couple’s relationship… I introduced them!  When they announced that they were getting married I was obviously overjoyed considering it provided my match making capabilities! And  when I was asked to be in the wedding I was beyond ecstatic. 

So for the past few months the other Bridesmaids and myself have been busy planning a very special bridal shower for our very special Bride-to-be. We decided to go with an elegant beach “theme” as it seemed to be the most fitting for our Bride.  It turned out to be a beautiful shower.  Since it was my first time assisting in the preparation of a bridal shower, I’m pretty proud of how it turned out.  So of course, I simply could not resist snapping a few photos to share with all my fabulous readers!

Our first order of business is decorations, of course!
beach theme bridal shower

I had these hurricane vases from my own wedding.  They have become a very valuable purchase since they have come in handy for many occasions including Billy's Gift, Inc. events.  I knew they would be perfect for my Bridal Doll's special day.  In order to welcome the guests to our paradise, we added sand and a few shells.  The pearls added a pinch of elegance and the burlap offset the colors perfectly.

beach theme bridal shower

Our favors were these adorable starfish cookies set in a bed of "sand" which is actually brown sugar.  This idea was found on Pinterest and the amazing Etsy online shop.  My life has forever been changed by these two websites.


The bride-to-be further embraced the elegant approach with her own design for the cake.  It fit the environment perfectly!

beach theme bridal shower
Add caption

As a special keep sake for the adorable Bride and Groom, we did a message in a bottle.  We asked all the guest to write a special piece of advice or a note for the newly weds. We corked it and decorated it with a ribbon to be opened on their one year wedding anniversary.



Again, thanks to Etsy, we were able to purchase the bride a very special hanger for her wedding gown.  

Here's a few snapshots of the day and the bridal party!




And we can't wrap up a Bridal Shower post without discussing appropriate attire.  I found this dress on Forever 21 and knew it would be the perfect dress for Bridal and Baby Showers.

The soft colors made pairing this dress with my black and white polka dot stilettos a no brainer for a Bridal shower.  I just added a pinch of glam with my stone necklace and headed out the door!






No comments:

Post a Comment