Friday, August 30, 2013

Fall Must Haves

This time of year was always so exciting for me as a kid.  It meant back to school! And no, It wasn't that I was thrilled about returning to school.  It was strictly the new wardrobe that thrilled me.  I despised high school but the first weeks of the new school year were manageable thanks to  a butt load of new clothes to show off!  What’s not to love?


Regrettably, I did not pick a profession that permitted me to continue with back to school shopping and the added bonus of a summer vacations.  That excitement is gone but I still manage to treat myself with a few fall pieces to spruce up my wardrobe.  This year I have my eye on a few items from Target. Affordable and on target with the fall trends, how can you resist?  

Here’s why I won’t able to survive fall without these fab pieces. Ok.  That's slightly dramatized but you get my point.

1.       Pink Oxford Blazer $40.00- The perfect layering pieces, guaranteed to keep you cozy on crisp fall days and will certainly brighten up the usual dreary winter wardrobe

2.       Plaid Oxford Blazer $40.00- I’m thinking that plaid will be BIG this season and this piece is a fun modern take on the traditional plaid color combinations.  I love the splash of pink.  Aiming for the ultimate sophisticated look this fall? Pair this with a pair of ripped denim, riding boots, and the classic staple, a white button up.

3.       Fall Trench Coat $50.00- I have been wanting a tan trench for a few years so I think this year I will finally break down and purchase one. It’s too affordable not to.

4.       Hot Pink Embroidered Skirt $22.99- This skirt will take pattern play to the next level by adding a fun twist of dimension.  And it goes with practically everything including the plaid oxford blazer!

5.       Cobalt blue handbag by Phillip Lim for Target- Not available in stores until 09.15.13 but totally worth the wait.  Pair it with all black and white or have fun with color blocking.  It will look fab either way!

6.       Leopard Shoes $30- Treat leopard as a neutral this fall.  Loving the thicker heel on these shoes, giving them a more luxurious feel.

7.       Crimson Shoes $30- I’m obsessed with splashes of crimson for the fall but I’m a little nervous that the wrong accessories could take a look from fab to oh my! All wrong rather quickly. These crimson heels offer a sense of security with their sophisticated take on the everyday shoe.  Like I said, the thicker heel gives them a more elegant feel, don’t you agree?

Happy Friday Y'all!

1 comment: