Monday, October 28, 2013

A Guest Post from The Fashionable Wife

Today, my girl from The Fashionable Wife is sharing a few tricks on how to master pattern play.   We both share in a love of everything Target! How stinkin’ adorable is she? xoxo-Joelle

Hi Country Living in Heels readers!  I’m Nikki from The Fashionable Wife.  I am so excited to be guest posting for Joelle while she is on vacation!

I love mixing things up with the pieces I have, and one of my favorite ways to do this is mixing prints.  I know that it can seem a little scary at first, but I promise I have some great tips that will help you to stay cute and put together, and not like a four year old who got to dress herself for school!

Start small:  If you are nervous to mix prints, start small with accessories.  A leopard belt or pair of shoes is a great way to incorporate a second print. 


Treat Stripes as a Neutral:  I consider stripes a neutral.  Stripes work with every print and always look great.  Stripes are about as close to a neutral as possible!


Have a Common Color:  One way to tie two different prints together is to have a common color.  Having a common color in each print makes the look seem less random and thrown together.


Experiment.  Fashion is suppose to be fun, so don’t be afraid to experiment!  I love stripes and florals together.  And leopard looks great with just about anything.  Mixing polka dots and stripes in another great look.

I hope I have given you some ideas on how you can start incorporating mixing prints into your look.  Once you start you will love it!

Thanks for having me, Joelle



No comments:

Post a Comment